Honeymoon in mexico

as i promised.... pics from my trip! weather was beautiful and visiting the mayan ruins was awesome. can't believe that it went by so quick! can't wait to go traveling again.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 7: Wikis

Wiki's best asset is that its collaborative. Anyone can update and add. I like that it can be used as a collaborative documentation sharing resources site, like the SPCPL subject guides. This wiki is very helpful, its a one stop shop for information neatly organized like an index.

I think libraries can also use wiki's as a knowledge making/sharing tool. It could be used as an internal site for training purposes; those training in certain specialities/ topics can upload their knowledge making it available for others. Another purpose could be for document sharing and working on projects; one person could begin and then another person could add/edit later on.

For me personally, I love using Wikipedia! It's a great place to go if your short on time and need info quick. Wikipedia helps me get an overall sense of a topic and I find the links are helpful too. You can find out something new everyday.

1 comment:

Akearns said...

I like your idea for using the wiki for a training tool. Nice.