Honeymoon in mexico

as i promised.... pics from my trip! weather was beautiful and visiting the mayan ruins was awesome. can't believe that it went by so quick! can't wait to go traveling again.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 5: Play Week

Online image generators
Went online and found not just image generators, but also ones that created banners and text. There were so many different kinds to choose from.

I liked the Lego character creations the best, which i found it on the generator blog link in Learning 2.0 at http://www.reasonablyclever.com/mm2/mini2.swf

Since I'll be getting married in 2 and a half weeks (yay!), my mind seems to be occupied with thoughts of the wedding and so i went along with the marriage theme and created cute Lego character couple based on my fiance and myself. Aren't they cute?



(p.s. i don't know why they don't have a pants option for the boys? they only offered skirts! They even have a capes option but no pants! go figure~ )

You can create a miniature of yourself, be it realistic or fantasy. Some of the things you can customize is hair, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, clothes, skincare color and even accesories. For those who like super heros and sci-fi they have some super hero customes and light sabers included too!

I was having so much fun, I created another of me.



Last thing I'll mention is the background choices. You have the option to select from a plain background color or choose from one of their pre-determined background themes. You can also upload your own background by inputting in the URL of your own image location.

Definitely FUN! I would recommend for those who have kids! You can save the images and then share or print them out stick them on the fridge or in their rooms.

Library Things
So Library Things is a way to self catalog books in your collection and allows for tagging. I found it very easy to use. Just enter what your reading and it pulls information from either library of congress or amazon. I also liked that it includes the image covers. A nice detail because sometime you can't remember the title but do remember the image cover. You can also change the covers.

I added my 5 books here: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/kristenko

I think Library Things would be useful for organizing books in your own personal library. I would also use it to find similar reads or maybe to connect with other readers (book clubs). Buy, borrow or swap function is also very cool.

Rollyo
This was the most frustrating thing, since it didn't work. When I clicked on the links in Learning 2.0, it took forever for the pages to load and then I got the page load error multiple times.

When I was finally able to get into Rollyo and added my sites and tried to create; it didn't work. The page just seemed to time out or be frozen.

Glad I wasn't the only one who was having difficulty. I'll try again later.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Congrats on the wedding!

And you should've given your hubby Lego character a cape...having a cape is secretly every male's fantasy.

Akearns said...

One small, teeny, tiny thing, it is LibraryThing, not Library Things. ;-)
No biggie...

Those legos characters are great! But for some reason to me they sort of almost also look like cookies!? Maybe I'm just hungry....