Video
I used to use Youtube religiously to find and watch korean dramas online - think soap operas but with much more crazy absurd story lines! Anyways if you've ever watched Korean dramas...you know they are addicting!!! you can never just watch one..they make it so suspenseful that you keep watching more and more....no sleep.
Youtube was awesome because they would have these dramas submitted by users (broken into many different parts) and it was free and pretty fast to watch. But this was short lived as the korean tv execs soon realized people were watching online and they removed most of the content.
But of course there are many other sites that host these korean dramas.... like megavideo, myspace, tudou, veoh, youku, google video, and viikii just to name of few. Some are in chinese but if you type in english you can find the videos.
If anyone is interested in watching k-dramas, my source is: mysoju.com. Interesting name because soju is a rice liquor almost like vodka but think worse...imagine rubbing alchohol! i don't know why koreans drink this, but its the drink of choice!
Anyways mysoju.com has not just korean, but chinese, japanese, tawainese, and hong kong dramas too, plus movies! problem is that sometime you'll come across links that are broken but you can report them and they try to "repair" them.
Most of the Korean tv stations also host their videos online for free so fans can watch.
I love having videos online! so many to choose from, so little time.... hehe
Here's an example of a youtube video embedded into my post. I decided to go with Hello Kitty since someone kindly informed me that I had nothing HK on my blog. =)
Podcasts
I don't use podcast that often but I do think they can be used as learning tools. I download podcasts directly to my ipod from itune....its the simpliest way for me to use...plus i like how you can browse and search for different podcasts.
When I started, I sampled different podcasts and thought learning a new language would be fun. I chose a series of podcasts that helped me learn japanese. Each podcast was like a mini-lesson - enough for you to learn something in each session but not too much for information overload.
I honestly haven't downloaded anything new for a while, so maybe I'll go back and find something interesting!
NetLibrary
I was surprised to find that RU libraries has an eContent Collection. 876 titles but they all seem to be e-books no audio books. Anyone else find any audio books on NetLibrary??? I use itunes to download audio books.
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago

1 comment:
NetLibrary is ONLY for ebooks - you have to use LISTENNJ for audio books - next year ListenNJ will also have ebooks too...
Post a Comment